Zzz… Zzz… Don’t sleep just yet. Let’s learn about our last but definitely not the least letter- Z is for Zebra: Paper Pasting Activity.
Catching some zzz is very important . And according to most, children need 10 to 12 hours of sleep to help with their development.
As a teacher, I agree. Children who don’t get enough sleep are cranky and irritable in the morning. And sometimes they bring that mood with them to school. The results of course is not good. They find it difficult to focus and they sometimes get into squabbles with their friends.
That is why I allow my students to sleep or take a nap in class when they need to. I don’t take it personally when I see them yawning or dozing off. I understand that sometimes they can’t help but feel sleep. Maybe they slept late, had a bad dream or maybe my lesson was just really boring!
Aside from letting them take a nap in the morning or during class, I also set aside 10 to 15 minutes of quiet time after play time so they can relax and if they find themselves sleepy, I let them catch some zzz, too.
Guidelines on How to Teach the Letter Zz:
- Play with zebra. Say the word zebra while emphasizing on the beginning sound, /z/, /z/, /z/.
- Show the flashcard for the letter Zz. Click here for free alphabet flashcards.
- Do the Z is for Zebra: Paper Pasting Activity.
- Practice writing the letter Zz. Click here for free alphabet tracing worksheets.
- Color pictures of words that begin with the letter Zz. Click here for free alphabet coloring pages.
Z is for Zebra: Paper Pasting Activity
- outline of a zebra
- paper cut-outs
- Paste the paper cut-outs on the zebra outline. Try to stay within the lines.
You Might Also Like These:
Too Much Screen Time Series:
Screen Time Remedies:
Or just visit my Printable Page to see more free printables!
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!