Get to know your preschool students through these All About Me Worksheets Free Printable from the Teaching Aunt.
The school year is about to start in a couple of weeks (or maybe even days) for some.
As we get nearer to the first day of school, the more excited and/or anxious we become to meeting our new set of students.
We may be wondering if they’re going to be a mild or wild bunch- I bet we’re all wishing for the former.
But no matter how they turn out to be we are sure to love them like they are our own.
“This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure HERE.”
Collectively, our preschool class may act a certain way and that has something to do with their group dynamics.
Their collective behaviours may prompt them to be more active or more calm and reflective.
Either way, it is such a treat having a bunch of cute preschoolers in the classroom.
Of course, aside from wondering about what the class dynamics will be this year, we are also curious about our students’ individual background.
Personally, I have the following questions in mind:
- What are their interests?
- Do they like dinosaurs?
- Can they sing, dance, or play a musical instrument?
- Any allergies?
- Are they from an extended or broken families?
- How do they spend their free time?
- Where did they spend their vacation?
The questions above are just some random thing in my head.
Do you also have curious questions about your preschoolers?
Well, we may not be able to ask these questions to them on the first day or first week of school- maybe even never as some may require complex answers.
But I know a way to collect basic information about your little learners.
These All About Me worksheets free printable are perfect for the first day of school.
The topics include the following:
- favorite things
Basically all the information you need to get to know your little ones in the classroom.
Aside from collecting data about your students, these free preschool worksheets can also help you gauge their abilities to write, draw, answer questions and follow directions.
Now you don’t spring these worksheets up on your preschoolers on the first day of school just like that.
It is recommended that you ease them into it by doing fun activities such as show-and-tell, or storytelling.
Personally, I always open the school year with a nice story.
Children love stories. And they especially like it when they’re in a group. They just really enjoy listening to the story and watching their friends’ reactions.
If you need tips on how to do fun and interactive storytelling, click on the links below:
On the other hand, if you’re already an expert at storytelling, you may want to check out my recommendations.
All About Me Books for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Only One You by Linda Kranz – This book will help your kids appreciate their uniqueness and the exquisite illustration of the deep blue sea and colorful fishes.
- I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson – Your little ones will surely pick up a lot of positive reinforcement in this story book starring a peppy pig.
- I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont – Encourage your preschoolers to love themselves inside and out. After reading this book, your students will surely love even their tiniest of flaws.
- Marvelous Me by Lisa Marie Bullard – We are all unique. And this book will help your students appreciate the traits that make them similar and different from everyone around them.
- What I Like About Me by All Zobel Nolan – If you have a very diverse classroom, then this book is for you. This book will surely help your little ones appreciate the things that make them unique while still loving the fact that we’re all connected.
You can never go wrong with the books I recommended above. And I’m confident that your little ones will enjoy every single page.
Or you can also check out my YouTube video about a little girl doing her self-introduction. This educational video is the perfect complement to your All About Me preschool lesson. All you need to do is push play!
And when you’re done with storytelling, they will surely be more excited to work on these free All About Me worksheets.
What are you waiting for?
Click on the link below and download your free printable.
These Might Interest You:
Circle Time Flashcards
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!