Isn’t it wonderful when your toddler can already count? Well, it’s time to level up his number skills by working on these free counting objects worksheets!
Aside from learning the alphabets, parents and teachers get excited when their little ones get to know their numbers. And you can tell that a child has mastered counting when you see him counting anything and everything!
Yup! It’s true. Anything and everything!
I had a student who counted ants on the wall for fun. Cool, right?
Of course, you don’t have to wait for an army of ants so your child can practice counting because I have these counting worksheets in PDF file just for you.
But like what I always mention in my posts, it is important to make learning fun for children.
Remember, they have short attention span so you can’t expect them to just sit down and answer worksheets all day long. Where’s the fun in that?
With this in mind, I have listed below my favorite activities when teaching counting:
- Go on an scavenger hunt. Ask your child to look for specific objects around them. Tell them how many they should take, e.g. five leaves, 2 pencils, etc.
- Play ‘The Boat is Sinking’. I love this game because children get to practice counting plus they also get to develop their problem solving skills.
- Walk around and count random objects with your child, e.g. count cars in the parking lot, apples on the table, ribbons your child own, etc.
- Count using numbers flashcards. I just love displaying cute flashcards in my classroom. Not only do they make my classroom more pleasant, they’re also easy source of visual cues to my preschoolers. I also try to change them up according to themes.
Oh! And let’s not forget those counting songs and stories!
Obviously there are so many ways to teach counting to children. The possibilities are endless. We just need to be resourceful and creative.
So now that your child is displaying aptitude for counting, it’s now time for a little bit of worksheet.
Again, worksheets are great supplement, but it should never be your sole teaching tool. That is just a crime.
Now let’s proceed to the free counting objects worksheets.
These worksheets are designed to meet the following learning objectives:
- Recognize numbers
- Count objects accurately
- Display one-to-one correspondence
- Recognize pictures
- Follow instructions accordingly
There you go! I hope you find these math worksheets helpful.
These Might Interest You:
Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
Numbers Tracing Worksheets
Flashcards and Wall Cards Free Printables
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!