Test your child’s knowledge of letter sounds through this free printable- Free Beginning Letter Sounds Worksheets!
Next to recognizing and writing letters, preschoolers are also expected to master letter sounds. This is already in preparation for reading.
There are a lot of fun ways to introduce letter sounds to children. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Alphabet stories- I especially love AlphaTales by Scholastic. In this series, each letter has a story where featured letter sounds may be heard repeatedly. It’s a very colorful picture book with funny and interesting storylines.
- Letter Sound Songs- Pairing a letter with a song that highlights the letter sound is effective in helping children remember better and faster.
- Arts and crafts- Easy art that involves letters are especially helpful for dominantly visual learners and tactile-kinesthetics.
- Games and movements- Active games where students get to move around are also recommended. Or simply pairing a movement with a letter is also advisable (e.g. j for jump, r for run, etc…)
- Strategic decors- My classroom has different flashcards/ adorning its walls. And I make sure that I put them in high-traffic corners where my students can easily them.
Aside from the techniques mentioned above, I supplement my lesson on letter sounds with cute and smart worksheets.
And I will be sharing the alphabet worksheets below so you can also use them with your child at home or in the classroom.
These free letter sounds worksheets are perfect for preschoolers because they are cute (as always with my free printable), the instruction is easy (children can answer them independently), and the pictures that I used are things that they are already familiar with.
Also, these preschool worksheets are in PDF format so they’re easy to download and print.
Pair a letter with a song and movement so children will remember it better.
These Might Interest You:
Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
Numbers Tracing Worksheets
Flashcards and Wall Cards Free Printables
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!