Learn more about the different members of the family through these FREE FAMILY MEMBERS FLASHCARDS FOR PRESCHOOL.
Teaching preschool students is a lot of fun. I really enjoy seeing them grow physically, emotionally and academically.
And even though I have been teaching for 15 year now, I still get excited every time we reach the theme about family.
I enjoy this preschool topic so much because of the following:
- My students are extra motivated to do all the activities for this theme. It doesn’t take much prodding for them to do their best and finish their work.
- Understanding my students’ behavior is easier because I get to see a glimpse of their home life.
- Combining family theme with other lesson objectives comes naturally because it is so basic.
- Presentation time is a great way to involve the different members of the family.
As you can tell from my reasons above, the theme about family is a treasure chest full of learning opportunities.
To capitalize on this, I make sure to provide my students different fun activities where they can also practice varied skills.
Here are a couple of my favorites:
- Family Picture Display- as the name implies, I ask my students to bring a family photo to school and then we display them in the classroom. This one is simple yet very exciting as the children are just so eager to see each other’s family photo.
- Family Tree- This one is another classic. My preschoolers get to see where they came from with this simple activity. This is also an effective way to show appreciation to grandparents.
3. Snack Time with ___- Everybody at school looks forward to this activity. We invite the different members of the family to come join us for snacks (and play time, too!) Spending time with family members outside of home is a novel experience to some of my students. That’s why I always push for this fun activity. It’s a sure way to create fun memories for everyone!
To further help my students learn about the different members of the family, I made these cute preschool flashcards.
These family members flashcards include:
The cute and colorful pictures will definitely catch your students’ attention. And the bold black words at the bottom will greatly help early readers learn new words.
And more importantly, these kindergarten flashcards are free!
Just click on the link below to download your free family members flashcards in PDF format.
These Might Interest You:
Flashcards and Wall Cards Free Printables
Colorful Pencils Number Wall Cards
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!