Develop your child’s phonemic awareness through these BEGINNING SOUNDS WORKSHEETS FOR KINDERGARTEN PDF from The Teaching Aunt!
Since you are reading this post, it’s safe to assume that your child has already mastered the alphabet. Specifically, your child can do the following:
- identify the letters, both uppercase and lowercase
- recognize and make letter sounds
- write letters from Aa to Zz
- give examples of words that begin with a specific letter
The next step for your child is to start learning how to read.
But before you go full blast with teaching your child blending and whole-word reading, I highly suggest you start with isolating and saying the first or last sound in a word.
Isolating beginning or last sounds can help your child in these ways:
- develop the ability to hear and manipulate sounds in spoken words
- prime your child for reading print
- understand that letters in words are represented by sounds
- increase confidence as they correctly identify letter sounds, making them ready and excited to read print
The list may be daunting that is why, The Teaching Aunt made these free beginning letter sounds worksheets to help you and your child.
These free preschool worksheets can help develop your child’s sound isolating skills and keep them on-task.
How To Use The Beginning Sound Worksheets for Kindergarten PDF:
- Let your child to write his name on the space privded. Write the date, too (if able.)
- Ask your child to identify the picture.
- Repeat the word while putting emphasis on the beginning sound.
- Then ask your child to identify the three letters at the bottom of the picture. Sound out the letters.
- Ask your child which letter matches the beginning sound of the picture.
- Color the correct answer.
- Repeat until all items are done.
The instructions are clear, right?
You may now download these free printables by clicking on the button below.
These Might Interest You:
CVC Words Worksheets
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!