Let’s learn about the extraordinary letter X through this fun preschool art- X is for Xylophone Art and Craft!
The letter X is a challenging letter to teach. Primarily because there are only limited words that begin with it and the sound it makes on those words aren’t particularly unique to x- think /s/ for xylophone and /e/ for x-ray.
But with lots of examples using words ending in x, children eventually master this special letter.
Personally, I still use xylophone as an example for letter X because (obviously) it begins with the letter x. Plus, it’s a cute musical instrument that can be a springboard for numerous fun art activities.
One example of which is this post’s featured preschool craft.
This alphabet art and craft targets the following learning objectives:
- Master the letter X through a visual cue (image of a xylophone)
- Develop fine motor skills
- Foster creativity and imagination
X is for Xylophone Art and Craft
- black art paper
- Colourful art paper
- Draw and cut an outline fo the letter X on a black art paper.
- Cut out colourful pieces for the xylophone.
- Glue the pieces together.
These Might Interest You:
Or just visit my Free Printable Page for more!
Do you want PREMIUM FREEBIES? Please subscribe to my blog. I promise it will be worth it!